Overdrive

Yeh, it's back, and badder than ever. One of the sickest guild names ever, we accept people who are willing to be chill back while still grinding and increase their status in WK. No level requirements, just be cool and be chill to talk to.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
New project, check the announcements!

Share | 

School

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Nectarose
Burning
Burning

Donuts : 0

PostSubject: Re: School   Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:52 am

What's all this talk about puns? I'm too lazy to go back and read whatever I missed.
Anyhow, congratulations, Walter! And have fun at school tomorrow!
Since everyone is giving out their schedule, I guess I'll whip mine out too.

1 - Spanish III - I don't even understand the teacher. And that class is boring D:
2 - Nap time! Physics - Boring boring boring. Why did I take it?
3 - Orchestra - Easy A :3
4 - H. English - It's going to be hardstuffs this year. </3 essays and character analysis stuff. AND I have the hardest teacher (apparently).
5 - AP Calc AB (The easier one!) - Uh. Normal so far. The teacher is cool/nice though.
6 - U.S. History - I sit in the very front, right in front of the teacher. So... I can't do anything other than History stuff. ):

So.... I have easy classes this year. I sorta wish I took some summer classes, so I didn't have to take them during the school year. -sigh-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark

Donuts : 5

RPG Info
Level: 1
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
EXP:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: School   Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:55 am

o_o AP Calc? I'd die. I'm having a lot of trouble with Algebra II as is, even though we're just reviewing right now =x
Orchestra, cool what instrument?

Congratz Falco! But, at least tomorrow IS a Friday, no? Time to relax, and hope the teachers decide not to give homework over the weekend. The shaking part, no worries, your class might feel like home after awhile. I think it'll get better during the year.

^ Nect, smart person

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaichou
Hot
Hot

PostSubject: Re: School   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:57 am

eep, school's been in session for roughly 3 weeks for me now.
i go to an arts school, though, so it's not all bad.

i'm on a block schedule, so...

a days:
1. band
2. r&b ensemble (oh man my school is so awesome)
3. music composition
4. ap calc ab
5. ap eng IV

b days:
1. ap physics
2. ap environmental science (yar, 2 science classes. ._.)
3. music composition
4. funk/fusion/crossover ensemble
5. ap economics

weee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zylch
Scorching
Scorching

PostSubject: Re: School   Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:13 pm

Very Happy we watched the President's speech today... had to answer questions... ?
yea... I have AE Math and AE Science... D: so sad almost lost my summer HW xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander

Donuts : 25

RPG Info
Level: 2
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
EXP:
0/15  (0/15)

PostSubject: Re: School   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:26 pm

kaichou - Cool an arts school, I love music

Zylch - We didnt watch that since my school is anti-obama lol

Necta - AP Calc is easy? Alien lol jk

Aero - Thanks, its getting a little better.

View user profile http://wkoverdrive.forumotion.com
Zylch
Scorching
Scorching

PostSubject: Re: School   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:38 pm

haha... yea... well my school is like 75% GO OBAMA so... yea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark

RPG Info
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
EXP:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: School   Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:38 pm

An arts school... interesting I'm guessing it costs a lot of $$$ to go there. Even all your regular classes are AP, must be difficult o_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaichou
Hot
Hot

PostSubject: Re: School   Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:52 pm

naw, it's free, you just gotta get in. ;o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zylch
Scorching
Scorching

PostSubject: Re: School   Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:49 pm

ooh O.o
I want to see your art Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nectarose
Burning
Burning

PostSubject: Re: School   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:35 am

Naw, Saff. If you saw my grades, you'd be like "Why are you taking this class if your grades are so crappy?"

Elliot, you have 5 AP's. D: Holey Moley. How do A and B days work?

Well, Walter, I took H. Pre-Cal the previous year, so it'd be normal for me to simply go to the next class. At my school, both of the Calculus classes are both AP. Calc AB is the easier one, and Calc BC is the harder one. And I'm not an alien. ;-;

And I wish I could see President Obama's speech, Zin. Unfortunately, my teachers didn't know how to use their TV. And the other one didn't know which channel. ):
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark

RPG Info
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
EXP:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: School   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:54 am

Really Kaichou? Scholarship... show us your work *hails* or your test answers lol.

Orly Nect? Actually my school is like that as well Calculus is AP, makes sense, forgot it was a college class. What grade are you in again? Don't remember if you said it or not. o.o
But, I'm guessing.... 11th grade? That's what a typical 11th grade schedule looks like here, except orchestra of course. But, I think typically people drop math after Trig/Pre-calc. Or just barely make it there. I wouldn't say that... unless you get less than a D Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nectarose
Burning
Burning

PostSubject: Re: School   Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:02 am

You know, I knew I was forgetting to answer something. I play cello, by the way. Well, now I'm sort of playing irregularly. The orchestra at my school sucks. A lot. Which means I don't have to practice as much since it's okay to suck as much as them.
But at least it's an easy A, which it the reason I'm taking it. And yes, I am a junior. x:

Well, the minimum requirement for math to graduate HS is Algebra II, I think. I took that freshman year, so I don't only one year of math in high school. D: That's just sorta weird. Plus, I need math to refresh my memory every year. I'm constantly forgetting stuff.

Bah, scholarships. I have a friend who literally learned to be ambidextrous so she could get a scholarship. Maybe I should too. Anyhow, all the scholarships I can apply for require essay-writing. I HATE writing. And I'm horrible at it too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaichou
Hot
Hot

PostSubject: Re: School   Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:18 pm

@zylch and aero
my artform of choice is music, so it would be a bit difficult to show you. i played a lot of jazz saxophone my first few years, but this year i've shifted towards the more fusiony/crossover end of things. i play anything on the guitar, though, from hipster garbage to who knows what.
haha, i actually make gameboy/chiptune music as well, maybe i'll show some of that sometime.

golly... 'ahhhtform of choice.' if that ain't pretentious i don't know what is.

i don't wanna say much else; any ol' passerby could come and knock on my door tomorrow if i let much else slip. ;x maybe i'm just paranoid 'round college time.

@nectarose
yeah, i'm learning very quickly that 5 ap classes may've been a bit much. >-> oh well. it'll all be worth it in the end.

and a and b days work as such: a days are periods 1-5, b days are period 5-10. each class is 80 minutes long, but they alternate, so monday - a day, tuesday - b day, et cetera. the next week it'd be monday - b day, tuesday - a day, et cetera. there's a 45 minute class you have every day, and that's 3rd period. holidays and such really throw us off. x-x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doughnut
Spark
Spark

Donuts : 10

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
EXP:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: School   Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:04 pm

Nectarose wrote:
You know, I knew I was forgetting to answer something. I play cello, by the way. Well, now I'm sort of playing irregularly. The orchestra at my school sucks. A lot. Which means I don't have to practice as much since it's okay to suck as much as them.
But at least it's an easy A, which it the reason I'm taking it. And yes, I am a junior. x:

Well, the minimum requirement for math to graduate HS is Algebra II, I think. I took that freshman year, so I don't only one year of math in high school. D: That's just sorta weird. Plus, I need math to refresh my memory every year. I'm constantly forgetting stuff.

Bah, scholarships. I have a friend who literally learned to be ambidextrous so she could get a scholarship. Maybe I should too. Anyhow, all the scholarships I can apply for require essay-writing. I HATE writing. And I'm horrible at it too.

Ambidextrous people get scholarships? I thought it was only smart black kids.

If you want better essays, swallow many vitamin C pills. They taste citrus-y and juice the essay-writing cubicle of your brains.

Never ever nuver uver nuber uber take AP Stat if writing wrenches the fluids out of the poor, wrinkled, pink mush that is your brain. Gotta explain every single mind-numbing detail to primate-equivalents who don't know a goddamn thing about anything commonplace or sensible.

Please explain this bar graph. Assume you are explaining to a spedsickle.

Gee. Maybe you could just look at the graph and see that boys eat more hamburgers than girls did last year. Done.

Oh. oh wait, no. I forgot to mention the spread, range, and possible skewings, didn't I?
See? The shape of the girl's data is skewed to the right, and the mean is 6 hamburgers per day. However, the mean isn't entirely trustworthy in this case. We do not have a symmetrical shape, so let's find the median instead? Are we following? Good. check. check. check. circle. Now, the median, itself, does not constitute a complete analysis of said graph. Let's go ahead and find the standard deviation and the z-score. That's right, please break out the graphing calculators at this point in time...

blah blah blah We get this EdvardMunch-picture. This pretty much represents the amount of writinganalysis that goes into a quarter of one little problem about comparing two plots.

Statistics = fail.
School in general = fail.

In other primate-related news. I tripped over my own foot, and sprained my ankle...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nectarose
Burning
Burning

PostSubject: Re: School   Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:55 pm

Yeah, I sort of don't want to take AP Stats. I heard it's really boring. My sister took it and the homework was really time-consuming. Or so she says.

As for essays, Yes! I do take vitamin C pills. D:
But I don't have the orange-y flavored ones. I miss those. I have those... liquefied-gel-pill-things that you can swallow. They taste disgusting, by the way, I've tried it. D:

80-minute classes sound really long, Elliot. I'm glad my school doesn't have that. I don't want to hear my teacher talk about/in Spanish for over an hour. Or something. I just don't really like my classes this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander

Donuts : 25

RPG Info
Level: 2
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
EXP:
0/15  (0/15)

PostSubject: Re: School   Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:41 pm

My parents just signed me up to take a practice SAT in sophomore year to prepare me for the practice SAT for JR year to prepare me for the SAT in Senior year. Its on a Saturday..in the morning.

FML.

View user profile http://wkoverdrive.forumotion.com
Nectarose
Burning
Burning

PostSubject: Re: School   Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:39 pm

Aww, there there, Walter. -pats-

Actually, you'll be thankful (later) that your parents are forcing you to take classes. It'll probably help you big time. I'm sort of stuck in a little corner because I haven't done too much SAT prep stuff. D:
Sounds like I'm gonna be screwed.

Last edited by Nectarose on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark

RPG Info
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
EXP:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: School   Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:51 am

Ouch, sucks Falco. PSATs, they say it'll improve your score by 10% or something like that. Maybe it'll work out for the best. In my opinion, a practice SAT, I guess it'll tell you what to expect on the real SAT's. But if you don't study either way, I don't think it'll make much of a difference.

A cello? That must be very heavy to lug around... Even if you do just leave it in the classroom overnight O.o

Didn't know Statistics would be that difficult. Now I definitely won't. Time to stick with the regular forms of math :S

*Knocks on Kaichou's door and runs away*

Ha, I found out where you are! But I can't remember anymore... Hm... Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaichou
Hot
Hot

PostSubject: Re: School   Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:51 am

i took the psat every year my first three years of highschool and the sat at the end of last year, and i can tell you with confidence that taking it before it counts is a swell idea. the psat you take your junior matters quite a bit--if you can score high enough, you can bring home a pretty slick scholarship by being a national merit semifinalist. my score from freshman year went of 20+ points by my junior year. also, the sat and psat are nearly identical in difficulty, the sat is just longer and has a writing section, so the psat is a really good prep.

@nectarose
they are indeed too long. by the last period of the day, everyone, including the teacher, is dead.

@aero
>_> <_<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doughnut
Spark
Spark

Donuts : 10

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
EXP:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: School   Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:55 pm

Elliot be smart.
But if SATs aren't your thing, try a practice ACT test and see how you do.
SATs are way easier IMO, but a lot of people prefer the ACT. The SAT employs the use of your essay-writing skills(yes ty), while the ACT is totally multiple choice I believe. Ugh, so much reading, though.

My friend got a perfect 36 on his ACT. =/
He's set. Takes math courses at GT in his junior year. Damn geniuses be damned.

If test-taking kills you dead, start racking up a shitload of service hours. Colleges eat those up. Colleges eat up shitloads? mmgag
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark

RPG Info
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
EXP:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: School   Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:52 pm

ACT seems like the way to go for me. Writing essays.... well not exactly my specialty >_>

But... I think the SATs are what they want mainly for college. =/

Last edited by Aerosophical on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zylch
Scorching
Scorching

PostSubject: Re: School   Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:23 pm

ERB's suck... I wrote about Bill Gates for who you think is successful xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile