Overdrive

Yeh, it's back, and badder than ever. One of the sickest guild names ever, we accept people who are willing to be chill back while still grinding and increase their status in WK. No level requirements, just be cool and be chill to talk to.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
New project, check the announcements!

Share | 

I'm Sorry, but I quit.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander

Donuts : 25

RPG Info
Level: 2
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
EXP:
0/15  (0/15)

PostSubject: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:03 pm

Look, I just don't know why but...are guild is not flourishing while others are. People are leaving without saying, joining other guilds and helping them recruit......truthfully I'm just kind of sick of it. I really can't take it anymore. Everything we do is not working, and there is nothing else left.

I am handing down the lead to Rhoku.

Good luck and good-bye.

View user profile http://wkoverdrive.forumotion.com
dangthien94
Scorching
Scorching

Donuts : 0

RPG Info
Level: 1
HP:
5/5  (5/5)
EXP:
0/10  (0/10)

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:29 pm

You can't do that to us. If you do that, you will be the same as one of those people. You hate them right? And you want to be one of them? I don't think so.

Your apology, unfortunately, not accepted by me.

And you better not quit on me, and us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark

Donuts : 5

RPG Info
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
EXP:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:46 pm

Hm. Well, WK is in cooldown; so I have to wonder how many people are actually going to look for a guild. The people I PMed to recruit probably log on maybe once in a long while. Other guilds are lucky since they actually have members that are older. Which means more time to play WK as opposed to about 6 hours of school then extra hours to put in for homework. So if you have tons of schoolwork; all of those people are screwed. They're going to have to set priorities, and I think most people would set school before WK. A majority of the people in this guild have HS, so... if another CB with basically the exact same crap besides new maps or something else minor comes along, it's boring. That's what I'm thinking others are thinking. Right now, even I think that. The initial WK experience was fun and all but after going through things 3x you kind of get the gist of it and get tired of it. My gaming schedule's more free now than before, but unfortunately WK closed.

There's going to be the short-term people that are waiting until the full release of the game. They're not going to continuously play so many phases of CBT because they don't really aim to find bugs, they aim to just play the game without a wipe in the end. CBTIII, we were fairly active in the beginning, though towards the end, everything went downhill; probably because of the notice that CBTIII was coming to an end. With the chance of a wipe on the horizon, there didn't seem like much point in playing anymore.

Maybe you should stick it out to see whether or not it gets better. We were good for CBTII, CBTIII was decent in the beginning from what I recall, and CBTIV/OBT? Well time will tell. IF it comes to CBTIV or even a CBTV, judge it from there and then do what you need to do. The fate of this guild shouldn't be simply determined via one phase. If it's OBT your A LOT MORE likely to come across members that won't leave for some time. That's because there's no chance of a wipe, everything will continue as it should, and no long-term cooldowns people can use to find other games. There will be a less percentage of members leaving out of the blue, compared to members in the phase of a CBT.

Really. Whatever floats your boat. I know; since I made my own guild in another game, it had somewhat a lot of members but... rather disheartening when people leave/never go on. Ended up disbanding it. Though to be fair, it wasn't very active to begin with.

Just want you to think long and hard about it before making such a huge decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dumbfounded

Donuts : 8

RPG Info
HP:
5/7  (5/7)
EXP:
1/10  (1/10)

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:45 pm

hm, hate to see that you feel that way.
personally, the guild is in disrepair atm. but time will fix this, ultimately OBT is exactly what this guild needs. due to the high chance of wipes, CBT guilds will always have big troubles with activity, member base, and organization/order. i say, stick it through. if worse comes to worse in OBT, make it better. get new members. and do a complete overhaul. or you could just quit i guess, but thats just not as fun

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nectarose
Burning
Burning

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:00 am

People need to be more active. I have the feeling that the guild will completely fall apart once you officially leave. I mean, I feel like it's already on the verge of breaking apart.

Stay for a bit. If not for Rhoku's persuasion, I would've left a long time ago. I'm hoping things will get better in OBT, since more people should be more active, in comparison to CB. You're probably not going to find any 100% loyal members in CB, because everyone is just trying things out anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander

RPG Info
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
EXP:
0/15  (0/15)

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:18 am

Well, I have come to a conclusion that I am making a fresh start. A new guild. Even dangthien thought this was a good idea, or better than my other one ( I Think )

How do you guys think of this? A fresh new start would mean a pretty much definite member list, get more attention ( since its new ) and just something different to keep your interest levels up.

Dumbfounded

Donuts : 8

RPG Info
HP:
5/7  (5/7)
EXP:
1/10  (1/10)

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:13 pm

but with a new guild, we lose all of our past here at Overdrive, which i'm going to have to say was great. plus we lose the Overdrive title. Unless you mean like, a fresh new name. Also, forum activity does not mean guild activity.

I've been doing my best to try and keep the guild together. Like persuading necta(i am a very persuading person ;P), trying to be active on the forums, bumping our guild thread and all of the likes. What i think we're truly missing is our founding members, as in Val, Sas, Aero, Me, Walter, Doughnut, Necta, and i feel like im missing some. with the ones i named 3.5/7(Necta is .5, because we don't know if we're going to have her permanently) are actually active in the guild. So in that sense, a fresh new guild would be nice, because we can get fresh new founding members.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander

RPG Info
HP:
10/10  (10/10)
EXP:
0/15  (0/15)

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:21 pm

I meant a fresh name, a whole new start. I miss the old times, but I don't think we lose our past ( sounds gay but: ) the past will always be remembered in our memories. We don't need a forum to know what happened. Of course, the forum will still stay, we just won't be on it.

I'm trying to think of names for the new guild.

dangthien94
Scorching
Scorching

RPG Info
HP:
5/5  (5/5)
EXP:
0/10  (0/10)

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:48 pm

Where is the list I gave you yesterday?
Vanquishers is so awesome. Don't you think so?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuckonDis
Hot
Hot

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:59 pm

well regardless of what you do you still have this pally to help recruit Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark

Donuts : 5

RPG Info
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
EXP:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:48 am

That'd be fine. Crap, I made a whole wall of text while everyone just summed up everything in a few sentences. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nectarose
Burning
Burning

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:42 pm

Okay whoa. So I see a couple threads I can't tell what is going on anymore. Anyone want to sum up what's been going on for the past 4-5 days for me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sasquatch
Burning
Burning

Donuts : 2

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:51 pm

From what I've benn able to gather, falco contemplaighted quitting but decided instead to revive the guild through a merg with sinful to create "vanquish". Many of both guilds made an outcry against this as it would thin the bonds between guildies or something. ( I just didnt like the crappy name and new site) So now it seems falco wants to reinvent the guild... using the new name and site. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nectarose
Burning
Burning

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:06 pm

Thanks for clarifying for me, Sas. To be honest, I don't really care if we have a new guild or not. Corny name or not, it's the people that matter.

I'll just sit back and see how things go for now. I guess. <<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doughnut
Spark
Spark

Donuts : 10

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
100/100  (100/100)
EXP:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Aww looks like I missed all the action.
I can't really have a say in all this because I haven't been the least bit active lately.
Excuse? I've been saving the world. I'll try to get on more and catch up with y'all.

Will play over winter break. 'Till then, don't die on your poor doughnut friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Sorry, but I quit.   

Back to top Go down

I'm Sorry, but I quit.
Page 1 of 1