Overdrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overdrive

Yeh, it's back, and badder than ever. One of the sickest guild names ever, we accept people who are willing to be chill back while still grinding and increase their status in WK. No level requirements, just be cool and be chill to talk to.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New project, check the announcements!

Procrastination

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

Donuts : 10

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
Procrastination Left_bar_bleue100/100Procrastination Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:
Procrastination Left_bar_bleue10/10Procrastination Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Procrastination Empty
PostSubject: Procrastination   Procrastination Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 6:05 pm

"–verb (used without object)
1. to defer action; delay: to procrastinate until an opportunity is lost.
–verb (used with object)
2. to put off till another day or time; defer; delay." -Dictionary.com

Just 500 more words. All i need. Focused, the task could be finished in under an hour. So why has it taken me twice that time to lay pen to paper? The more I push the deadline to the farthest reaches of my mind, the more it creeps ever so closely; ever so quickly. "Just one more song. If I don't find it now, I'll forget it later." "Just one more quick snack. After all, there's three hours till dinner." "Just one more pointless youtube video to watch. It's only five minutes long."

Yes. Procrastination is that needy, sultry voice whispering in my ear. Always whispering... always... always. Yet, I don't have the will to push her away; to look her in the face and say, "begone! There is work to be done." No, I could never say that. How weak I feel under her gaze;her petulant but oh-so-intense glare barbed with jealousy. Her need for attention suffocates, and I, never able to deny her whims, submit. I pity the poor work left undone. Naked and shivering on our barren table. Every time, I vow anew to return, promising ideas and thoughts sure to blow it away. Such dry husks of once-full promises.

It knows better. Procrastination holds a distinct and sinful charm. So very distracting... and I come back flustered and guilty after fulfilling her cravings. No bright ideas hanging the tip of my tongue, no solicitous thoughts to fill the starved paper, just guilt and a sense of rushed urgency. Quickly, I must jot down my strangled premature thoughts onto the paper, hoping to satisfy my work before the seductive cries of procrastination ring again. The half-hearted effort barely fills the stomach. All fluff, no substance. But it always accepts them, as it must, for who else will feed it? This work has learned to live with its flimsy master. I apologize profusely under its empty stare. Promising, promising to deny her calls the next time. Next time. But it knows. I know. She knows...

I cannot deny her.

Did you enjoy?
Now. Back to work Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

Donuts : 5

RPG Info
Level: 1
HP:
EXP:

Procrastination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Procrastination   Procrastination Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:12 pm

Lmao. You can find the time to post all of this but yet, you won't work on your paper. You probably would've finished by now. I procrastinate, and always do it the day before it's due. Unless I feel very productive and finish it that very day.

Follow this, and you're golden. Twisted Evil

Procrastination 2aahurp
Back to top Go down
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

Donuts : 25

RPG Info
Level: 2
HP:
EXP:
Procrastination Left_bar_bleue0/15Procrastination Empty_bar_bleue  (0/15)

Procrastination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Procrastination   Procrastination Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:51 pm

Haha, I read it all and enjoyed every bit of it. A donut for you. =D
Back to top Go down
https://wkoverdrive.forumotion.com
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

Donuts : 10

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
EXP:

Procrastination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Procrastination   Procrastination Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:58 pm

Strangely, this took me about 10 minutes to cook up.
Writing a simple 500 word essay? Around 2-3 hours.

I bow to the Procrastination Loop
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

Donuts : 5

RPG Info
Level: 1
HP:
EXP:

Procrastination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Procrastination   Procrastination Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:39 am

Thanks Falco.

Yeah I really found that strange, I read the procrastination loop and vowed I would never do such a thing again. But I always end up doing it again anyways. Except this is how I procrastinate:

Sit on the sofa and play some video games. Before I know it three hours have passed. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Procrastination Empty
PostSubject: Re: Procrastination   Procrastination Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Procrastination
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Overdrive :: Grassy Outskirts :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: