Overdrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overdrive

Yeh, it's back, and badder than ever. One of the sickest guild names ever, we accept people who are willing to be chill back while still grinding and increase their status in WK. No level requirements, just be cool and be chill to talk to.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New project, check the announcements!

Guild event teams

Go down 
+3
Dumbfounded
Aerosophicall
Doughnut
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

Donuts : 10

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
Guild event teams - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Guild event teams - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:
Guild event teams - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10Guild event teams - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Guild event teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:10 am

Nice in/foresight Val.
The teams won't be just for PvP though.(although that seems to be what everyone wants to do)

I was thinking of having some weekly events either in forum or in game that have nothing to do with pvp. It's just something to gather our guild together on certain days.

Example:

Everyone in guild report to channel B3 Elgaill Town for Guild Event!
"Meh. I want to grind more. Besides, with so many people, what are the chances I win anyways."
"Yeah baby! Finally time for fire team to kickass once again!"

Many guild "events" don't pan out, because people would rather be grinding than hanging out with their guildmates. The aspect of having teams actually brings more people together in the guild, rather than pushing them apart. There's always gonna be that guy who needs to grind more, or is bossing or whatnot, but I think for the most part, more of our guild will come if they're on teams.

Of course, I don't want any infighting within the guild as much as the next guy.

Nice discussion we have going. I'm loving this idea more, and I hope we can make it better.
Back to top Go down
Valgaard
Burning
Burning
Valgaard

Donuts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:33 pm

I agree with you in many points.
We also talked about it for a bit in the chatbox.

I thought only of PvP before - thanks for clearing that up for me.
All in all, it sounds like an interesting and fun idea.
Still, creating teams will lead to close knit together bonds within the groups themselves. We have to watch out that the groups are able to interact with each other as if they were in one big guild. Furthermore, we should leave it at 3 groups I think. Or 4 at maximum if we really become big.
I read somewhere that somebody thought about creating different sub-forums for each group.
Don't do that! That's segregation on the highest level! One "Events and PvP-Forum" would suffice entirely. Everyone would post there when the time comes.
Moreover, as we can see, there is a really active core in this guild (Doughnut, Aero, Sas, x3lit3x, Falco, me, etc.). When the whole guild will be split into groups, we should consider also splitting our most active core into these teams. Divide them/us up, so that the communication is ideal because we understand each other quite well.

I like where we are heading. It's important to work out all the details of a good idea.

Last edited by Valgaard on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : never ever write names of guild mates wrong!)
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

Donuts : 5

RPG Info
Level: 1
HP:
Guild event teams - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Guild event teams - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:
Guild event teams - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10Guild event teams - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Really nice points Val, have donut.

I actually thought only about PVP when you said about the groups. I see how everyone can split op into the groups, but depending on how large the guild will turn out, we might have very large groups if we leave it at three or four. If the guild turns out to be huge you can imagine maybe 10-20 people per group. That's really enough to start out their own guild and they go from there if they don't like how things are between groups. I doubt they would want to be stuck in a guild with their worst enemy. Plus if the group leaders have loyal followers, and the group leaders are sick of this it's likely that people will leave in addition with them. They could really only be trusted members, but I believe you knew that anyways.

Groups could work out in the long-run. But ideally this could turn out to be the same as regular guilds under one master guild. It'll make everything a bit easier as a ranking system for Overdrive though.

My post is full of what-ifs and what could-be's though, perhaps I need to trust human nature a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Well we don't need to play up these groups to the extreme.
I suggest this:

Before we start up an event that will need teams, we pick captains for a team.
These captains will proceed to choose "sandlot" style, the players they want on their team. (boohoo some people have favorites)
Back to top Go down
Valgaard
Burning
Burning
Valgaard

Donuts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:19 pm

At the very beginning we should just start making events. Without forming any groups.

Why? That's to influence future members psychologically.
After some time we would introduce the groups and everyone new would be thinking: "Wow there is some progress. I like their ideas!"
We don't really need those teams in the beginning anyway because of lack of people.

I also don't think that the leaders should choose their teammates. This should be some random pick-procedure in order to prevent the picking of favorites which would again split the members more drastically.
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Aww if we do that, I'll get picked last!

You could have them do a quiz to see which groups they could potentially belong to. The quiz might change every week or so, so as to not have question that are easy to guess. Though, the questions will need to be different so it's not so straight forward like:

What is your favorite element?

With these questions you could mix people up as such. One person from the Fire type, Ice, Wind, Etc. So as to have mixed personalities. Variety.

Like Val said, there wouldn't be any need to do so in the beginning, just give people a chance to warm-up to each other. For the most part, people don't know each other very well (excluding the forums). If we have new members that haven't signed up for the forums yet, they don't really know everyone in the guild. (Though I must say all of you are pretty active on the WK forums as is) Just give them chances to bond and chat. As for seclusion from the get-go... hmm maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

Donuts : 25

RPG Info
Level: 2
HP:
EXP:
Guild event teams - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/15Guild event teams - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/15)

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:28 pm

I cannot believe I had no clue about this thread until know.

Although I am a little confused on what is the point of this thanks to some of the off-topicness. Can someone explain this in simple terms? *donut as a prize* *watches as everyone rushes*

Stickied.
Back to top Go down
https://wkoverdrive.forumotion.com
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:42 pm

I do see off-topicness here, where we were talking about which team was better.
Basically, we were thinking of making teams within the guild, so that we could have team-based events to try and get everyone acquainted with their guildmates.

Some people think it will split the guild or whatever so we're discussing things to make it bullet-able.

Regarding the quiz idea:

It probably won't work. We'd have to think of a new question every time. work Neutral
If too many people get the same answer, we have unfair teams. trouble Neutral
Some people are scareded of quizzes as well Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:46 pm

Like Doughnut said it his massive quoted-ness:

"I was thinking along the lines of friendly inter-guild event teams, once we establish a larger setting.
A weekly friendly match between guildies helps cement bonds ya know?"

I think the off-topicness was the ending of page one and the beginning of page two, where we were talking about what element beats what.

The quizzes were just an idea, it wouldn't have to be too long, and I don't think we'll have to change it if we went with what I said earlier. The real work would just be the organization. The quizzes, yes I understand people will be a lot less inclined to do it. But the screening process would have to have some work as well.

Last edited by Aerosophical on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:48 pm

Fire owns Electricity forever.
Back to top Go down
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:
Guild event teams - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/15Guild event teams - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/15)

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:38 pm

I don't really like this idea. Most of the reasons are which what Val said, but fighting against each other IMO is not good whatsoever, period.

Some people have very short tempers, like myself. If one loses it could really turn into a disaster.

As a plan-B, if you guys really want teams, we could maybe do a grinding or a boss tournament. I don't really know how it would work but we could find out.

But the teams thing is good, and really helps with my idea of clans. Clans was not supposed to be a competition one though....

Final statement: Competition within the guild = Bad. If we want to have some friendly competition events, have it with other guilds. I have been talking to many guilds ( Digital, Equilibrium ) and we have decided to become friendly allies. We could definitely have competition prize PvP events if you wish.

Btw the Clans thread will be done in about 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sasquatch
Burning
Burning
Sasquatch

Donuts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:42 pm

How does fire own electricity? Have you ever seen a fire burn at 54,000 degrees F? Does fire scream as it shoots down from the heavens? no. Fire is a sybol of creation whereas electricity has always been a key in technological advancement. Your primitive fire burns on the ground while Lightning rules the sky.

On topic- I guess the groups could work once we have a good number of active people, but why do they have to be elements? Maybe the team names should have some connection to the event. As far as organization, I have no idea howw to do it since choice and random both have a good number of faults and benefits. I say if we do this(a big if) it should be one time groups for the event that break up after with a new set of groups for the next if it is incorperated into the event and not just for novelty.
Back to top Go down
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

Donuts : 8

RPG Info
HP:
Guild event teams - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5/7Guild event teams - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/7)
EXP:
Guild event teams - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/10Guild event teams - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:54 pm

here's an idea.
the groups could be like 5 people each, but they regularly party together and get to know each other. then we switch groups, getting to know the other new people. repeat, then everyone would have met in the guild within a certain time, and we'd all be good friends.
Back to top Go down
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:00 am

Falco wrote:
I don't really like this idea. Most of the reasons are which what Val said, but fighting against each other IMO is not good whatsoever, period.

Some people have very short tempers, like myself. If one loses it could really turn into a disaster.

As a plan-B, if you guys really want teams, we could maybe do a grinding or a boss tournament. I don't really know how it would work but we could find out.

But the teams thing is good, and really helps with my idea of clans. Clans was not supposed to be a competition one though....

Final statement: Competition within the guild = Bad. If we want to have some friendly competition events, have it with other guilds. I have been talking to many guilds ( Digital, Equilibrium ) and we have decided to become friendly allies. We could definitely have competition prize PvP events if you wish.

Is that really your final statement? If it is, I'll be sad.
I hoped for this to be a chance for people who can't necessarily grind as quickly, and can't level/boss as effectively as others to interact with the guild on a plane different from chatting/forum. Events such as a Scavenger hunt, Hide-n-Seek. (Just throwing some stuffs out there) For many reasons, I can't be an active grinder within the guild. I've been in guilds in other games where I got along with others, and had fun with them for sure. The thing is, everyone became much higher-powered than me. I'd hear, "Guys, let's all go party/grind" "Guys, let's all go kill that one boss!" "Guys, let's go do some guild quests!" Friends of similar levels, would out-lvl me. I'd hear again and again, "Sorry man, grinding :smilie:"

As you can imagine, more and more, I'd feel left out of the pack. I know for a fact that many of you will gain levels at a much quicker rate than I can. I can understand your excitement as well, but I hope you'll think of that last doughnut nobody wants to eat, left melting in the KrispyKreme box. As I've said, we can switch around teamates every week to discourage debilitating competition. If you're absolutely against some friendly competition, I'll let it rest. Hope you'll reconsider, though.
Back to top Go down
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:20 am

Doughnut wrote:
Falco wrote:

Is that really your final statement? If it is, I'll be sad.
I hoped for this to be a chance for people who can't necessarily grind as quickly, and can't level/boss as effectively as others to interact with the guild on a plane different from chatting/forum. Events such as a Scavenger hunt, Hide-n-Seek. (Just throwing some stuffs out there) For many reasons, I can't be an active grinder within the guild. I've been in guilds in other games where I got along with others, and had fun with them for sure. The thing is, everyone became much higher-powered than me. I'd hear, "Guys, let's all go party/grind" "Guys, let's all go kill that one boss!" "Guys, let's go do some guild quests!" Friends of similar levels, would out-lvl me. I'd hear again and again, "Sorry man, grinding :smilie:"

As you can imagine, more and more, I'd feel left out of the pack. I know for a fact that many of you will gain levels at a much quicker rate than I can. I can understand your excitement as well, but I hope you'll think of that last doughnut nobody wants to eat, left melting in the KrispyKreme box. As I've said, we can switch around teamates every week to discourage debilitating competition. If you're absolutely against some friendly competition, I'll let it rest. Hope you'll reconsider, though.

Well, read my clans thread first, and we will discuss the two ideas later in time.
Back to top Go down
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:31 am

The clan system is actually really interesting.
When did you come up with the idea?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild event teams   Guild event teams - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild event teams
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2