Overdrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overdrive

Yeh, it's back, and badder than ever. One of the sickest guild names ever, we accept people who are willing to be chill back while still grinding and increase their status in WK. No level requirements, just be cool and be chill to talk to.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New project, check the announcements!

Welcome to the Clans Thread!

Go down 
+3
Aerosophicall
Doughnut
Barrage
7 posters

Did this make you laugh?
Yes
Welcome to the Clans Thread! Vote_lcap55%Welcome to the Clans Thread! Vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
No
Welcome to the Clans Thread! Vote_lcap45%Welcome to the Clans Thread! Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

Donuts : 25

RPG Info
Level: 2
HP:
Welcome to the Clans Thread! Left_bar_bleue10/10Welcome to the Clans Thread! Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP:
Welcome to the Clans Thread! Left_bar_bleue0/15Welcome to the Clans Thread! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/15)

Welcome to the Clans Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:11 am

Welcome to the Clans thread. Don't know what Clans are? Well, this is going to tell you.

Intro

Clans are teams inside the guild in which leaders and members will be assigned in to follow objectives and projects organized by the Overdrive management. Clans are designed to be another fun topic such as events, and to lessen the stress caused by grinding. This has also been created as a sort of a mentor group, in which newbies can learn from clan leaders about the game and the environment.

Teams

Clans will have three teams, and one special team. This may be updated later because once CBT II comes, anything can happen, even my nightmares ( half the guild leaving once it starts )

The Chaotic Team: The element is fire. This will be a team where I will place the co-leader of Overdrive to lead, and our three best members to follow. The strength of this team is power-leveling, quests, and bossing due to their enormous strength. Fire is the main element of Overdrive, so these guys will surely be driving over monsters and grandmas.

Motto: Feel the power, switch the gears, and kick it into Overdrive motherfuckers!

The Pure Team: The element is ice. This team will be lead by the best member that does not want to take part in the Chaos team, as they would rather be pure. The members of this team will be the three most helpful and active people in Overdrive that also want to be pure instead of chaotic. The strength of this team will surely not match the strength of fire ( shutup doughnut ) but they will have perks that fire does not have ( go aero ). Of course they will keep power-leveling, questing, etc as a group activity, but they can also part-take in management discussions such as who we should guild-battle, what should our next event be, who are next leader should be, and many other topics.

Motto: Defense is the best offense, and brains over brawn.

The Growth Team:
The element is electricity. This team will be lead by the smartest, wisest, and leading member in the guild that does not want to take part in the above teams. The members of this team will be the three newest members in WK. The strength of this team, well, they really do not have one. This team is built purely on teaching members about the game, helping them progress, and making sure that there gaming experience is a good one. At Overdrive, we are not all about power, size, and wealth ( although that is not a bad thing ) but we are here to help you guys out. With our strong members and leadership, we definitely have the power to aid you with materials and knowledge while you watch your level go up.

Motto: Just you wait, we'll get there someday.

The Final Team: The element is music. Muhaha, welcome to my team bitches. This team will be lead by the most handsome, attractive, leading, and knowledgeable members in the whole guild, me. The members of this team: 0, for now. This team will be made up of the most elite members of the guild, preferably two or three. We will know once CBT II starts. A good example of how this team will be made is soccer. You are on the best soccer team ( AKA Fire ) and you have a coach ( AKA Leader of Fire ), but now that Coach is in the Major League Soccer Organization ( AKA The Final Team ) lead by a rich, powerful handsome guy ( AKA me ). That is the only way I can explain it, so you may be in two clans at once if you are in this one. Our strength is everything from grinding to being the main team for guild-to-guild PvP.

Motto: Where is my beer?

Pros/Cons

Fire

Pros
-Power-Leveling/Grinding
-Questing
-Bossing
-Being the strongest guild out of the elements

Ice

Pros
-Decent at Grinding
-Ok at Questing
-Average at Bossing
-Help manage the forums such as posting upcoming events.

Electricity

Pros
-Helps out the newest members of WK
-Have to donate the least
-A nice, hopeful guild considerating the determination of the members.
-Guaranteed to be one of the elite in the future

Music

Pros

Conclusion

I hope you guys enjoyed what will take place in a week or so as I had to go through thorough brainstorming, ideas, and drafts to fulfill this section of Overdrive. This will be updated as well, and we are all ears for ideas, so please do not think this is written in stone. There is a thunderstorm right now, and for power to go out and lose all of this is a terrible thing, so I'ma post it now.

Last edited by Falco on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wkoverdrive.forumotion.com
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

Donuts : 10

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
Welcome to the Clans Thread! Left_bar_bleue100/100Welcome to the Clans Thread! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:
Welcome to the Clans Thread! Left_bar_bleue10/10Welcome to the Clans Thread! Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:29 am

lul It did make me giggle.

Daw. Looks like I'll be perma-Electricity.
Where do people who don't fit go to?

I suppose guild events can be better discussed after the game is up.
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

Donuts : 5

RPG Info
Level: 1
HP:
Welcome to the Clans Thread! Left_bar_bleue100/100Welcome to the Clans Thread! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:36 am

Hmm, that's interesting, I thought clans were guilds in games that had no guild option.
Let me say, the musical clan doesn't make very much sense to me.

As for the fire cons, I'm not sure if that's a good idea. Not allowing them to partake in guild discussions? I think that everyone should share their fair view of things and allow them to influence some discussions. Unless they have to devote all their time to grinding, bossing, etc.

I would think the people in the Music group would be the leaders of the other clans, in addition to the "smexy" people. Because you kinda lost me in the description.

I wonder who's going to be the leaders though. Sasquatch is probably going to be the leader of The Chaotic Team if the polls continue like this.

It's really interesting, how far we've come when CBT2 isn't out yet. We can own when it comes out or fail miserably. But I doubt the latter choice is going to happen. Razz
Back to top Go down
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:
Welcome to the Clans Thread! Left_bar_bleue0/15Welcome to the Clans Thread! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/15)

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:49 am

Haha, all right so maybe I overdrove ( lul ) the jokes a little in the music section. I should make a chart of the ranking system and the clan system, and I will, but it may not be tonight. I may actually be able to tie the clans in with the ranks, and if I can successfully do that it would be sweet.

Doughnut: Hm, good question. I was just not going to put them in a clan but you've made me think of an idea. =D

Aero: Yeh, I'll change the musical one once I get to it. I'm such a joker. jocolor (me)
And it is not the fire, but the ice who partake in guild discussions. I wanted to do this so each clan has there ups and downs and they are primarily even. I mean, it comes down to what you want: Fast-leveling, guild progression, or member aid.

Maybe I can change it so that everyone has a right to partake in it, but Ice has the first say. Does that sound more reasonable?

( Off-Topic: I gained six donuts. o.o )
Back to top Go down
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:52 am

Our new child thanked you twice. Parkman
Back to top Go down
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:56 am

Oh lul, shweet.
Back to top Go down
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:02 am

In fact, I'll give you one more for the nice idea.
Back to top Go down
Valgaard
Burning
Burning
Valgaard

Donuts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:18 am

Good ideas, nicely developed.

But I have a few points of criticism in this matter:
Are you sure to restrict the members of the groups that strongly?
Or is that rather a guideline?

Other than that, when everyone goes to the group he sees most fit for himself, we can built a nice structure. Furthermore, when new players join the guild, they will know to whom they should direct their questions (like members of the Electricity group).
But: Excluding other members from important guild discussions or giving them less attention than the members of the Ice group, is a wrong thing to do. Very wrong, I think.
What we could agree upon: Making the Ice group responsible to lead discussions, make the top members of the Ice group forum mods which maintain our representation in the internet. But the members of other groups are invited to partake in the discussions actively.

Falco wrote:
Clans are designed to be another fun topic such as events [...]
I wouldn't call it fun topic. Sure, it also exists to entertain us but all of this will be the future fundament of our guild. "Fun topic" sounds like this isn't really anything important concerning the basic guild structure.

Falco wrote:
Falco wrote:
-Fire destroys them at the first three
Falco wrote:
-The team is the weakest out of the three
All these Cons (and more) sound very restricting.
I would recommend taking out the words "Pros" and "Cons" and take out all characteristics that resemble like the ones I mentioned.
Instead, just mention what the groups will be like.

For example, Fire:

Characteristics (good at):
-Power-Leveling/Grinding
-Questing
-Bossing

-Have to donate the most if we have a guild prize

I hope I could help a bit out as I'm taking each major development in the guild seriously.

- Val
Back to top Go down
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:59 am

Good ideas, nicely developed.

Quote :

I don't know what you are asking.

Quote :
But: Excluding other members from important guild discussions or giving them less attention than the members of the Ice group, is a wrong thing to do. Very wrong, I think.
What we could agree upon: Making the Ice group responsible to lead discussions, make the top members of the Ice group forum mods which maintain our representation in the internet. But the members of other groups are invited to partake in the discussions actively.

Yeah, I want the Ice to be like part of a guild management sort of thing but I was tired and truthfully was the only thing I did not thoroughly think about. The Ice leader could definitely run the forum and be like those secondary mods on the WK forums, were I tell them what to do and they post it.

Falco wrote:
Clans are designed to be another fun topic such as events [...]
I wouldn't call it fun topic. Sure, it also exists to entertain us but all of this will be the future fundament of our guild. "Fun topic" sounds like this isn't really anything important concerning the basic guild structure.

Hey, I was tired and I was going to call it a fun thing but I wanted to expand my vocabulary. Looks like it was for worse.

Quote :
Falco wrote:
Falco wrote:
Falco wrote:
I would recommend taking out the words "Pros" and "Cons" and take out all characteristics that resemble like the ones I mentioned.

For example, Fire:

-Power-Leveling/Grinding
-Questing
-Bossing

I hope I could help a bit out as I'm taking each major development in the guild seriously.

- Val

That's fine, as long as I shows what each group has to offer.
Back to top Go down
Valgaard
Burning
Burning
Valgaard

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:22 am

Falco wrote:

Quote :

I don't know what you are asking.

I was referring to the groups and what they have to manage.
It's something I also mentioned later in the text: For example, that only the Ice group would be able to participate in discussions.
That's automatically restricting the other members.
But you already answered that Smile

Falco wrote:

Quote :

Hey, I was tired and I was going to call it a fun thing but I wanted to expand my vocabulary. Looks like it was for worse.

Maybe I got something wrong in the meaning? For me, a fun topic is something that's just for entertaining purposes.
But we're talking here about the very basic structure of the guild, right?
Enlighten me please, if I misunderstood you.

Falco wrote:

Quote :
Falco wrote:
Falco wrote:
Falco wrote:

For example, Fire:

-Power-Leveling/Grinding
-Questing
-Bossing

That's fine, as long as I shows what each group has to offer.

Yep, that's what I thought of. Just mention on which activities the focus of each group lies.

It's good to share thoughts with you in order to perfect this idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:18 pm

It's fine. =D

I am glad too, it looks like this will be successful. =P We will probably choose the clan members shortly after the leader inauguration today.

I know you are probably saying it is too early, but it won't be set in stone and I need something to do because I am bored.
Back to top Go down
Valgaard
Burning
Burning
Valgaard

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:43 pm

It's never too early to make drafts.
Just never rush to set such things in stone.
Back to top Go down
Sasquatch
Burning
Burning
Sasquatch

Donuts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Good to see you adjusted it, considering you wanted co-leader to be fire yet have fire not be in important discussions. So, how are you choosing clan members? is it preference or is there like some sort of evaluation?
Back to top Go down
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

Donuts : 8

RPG Info
HP:
Welcome to the Clans Thread! Left_bar_bleue5/7Welcome to the Clans Thread! Empty_bar_bleue  (5/7)
EXP:
Welcome to the Clans Thread! Left_bar_bleue1/10Welcome to the Clans Thread! Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:27 pm

great stuff here.
I like to see how ieas expand and pan out Razz
though how will you be ranking who's better then who?
by level, by pvp, or what?

hm, it seems i'll have to change my siggy to the clan i'm in. so when do we start the clans, cbtII?
Back to top Go down
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:32 pm

I would like to start Clans in CBT II or whenever we have enough members to. I don't know how I will sort them yet, I was going to think about that tonight.

"This may be updated later because once CBT II comes, anything can happen, even my nightmares ( half the guild leaving once it starts )"

I really hope that does not happen.
Back to top Go down
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

RPG Info
HP:
Welcome to the Clans Thread! Left_bar_bleue5/7Welcome to the Clans Thread! Empty_bar_bleue  (5/7)
EXP:
Welcome to the Clans Thread! Left_bar_bleue1/10Welcome to the Clans Thread! Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:36 pm

I promise I won't leave Very Happy

I suggest something like a series of "initiation" type things to get into each clan, except there more test like then torture like >.>

like, a test to see how active they are, then a pvp try out type thing, and then some other types of tests. and that decides which group you go in.

and then for the elite group, if you qualify from doing all the tests, you have a try out thing pvp tournament or something. and only the winner and runner up can join.

just my ideas.
Back to top Go down
Valgaard
Burning
Burning
Valgaard

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:40 pm

PvP-Matches would be a good idea for the Fire and/or Elite clan.

The organizing Ice clan and the helpful Electricity clan should be picked because of other qualities though.
Back to top Go down
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:42 pm

yeah, I know. I was just stating the more obvious tests.
I meant each person would go through the same tests, and tell them which ones they qualify for, and did the best in, then let them choose any of the groups they qualify for.
Back to top Go down
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:54 pm

Well we have to becareful not to overload it, I think this is good for now.

Btw new announcement that is the most important so far.
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

Donuts : 5

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:23 pm

That sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure how many people actually want to go through all those tests.It makes sense, because it may weed out some members and leave only those who really want to join this guild. Starting this from the get-go is a bit difficult, you have to allow people to level and practice, etc.

In the future if you wish to implement the idea of tests you could try this:

Electricity---> Help the newbies out the most, welcome them, direct them.
Ice ---------> How often they participate in guild discussions, write interesting ideas/opinions.
Fire --------> Perhaps based on level a bit more, how often they like questing, or elite's idea.
Musical ----> Well I believe this should really be your choice into what you want them to be. Perhaps a well-rounded member of the three other groups, or one that has really proven themselves.

I'm mainly stating the obvious. It might make rankings in the guild a bit easier on you as well to know who's in what.
Back to top Go down
dangthien94
Scorching
Scorching

Donuts : 0

RPG Info
HP:
Welcome to the Clans Thread! Left_bar_bleue5/5Welcome to the Clans Thread! Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)
EXP:
Welcome to the Clans Thread! Left_bar_bleue0/10Welcome to the Clans Thread! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/10)

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:46 pm

Is this still applied for next phase?
Back to top Go down
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:37 pm

Yessir. As I have stated, I have been busy and I got an 81 total avg on my report card so I have to step it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Clans Thread!   Welcome to the Clans Thread! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Clans Thread!
Page 1 of 1