Overdrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overdrive

Yeh, it's back, and badder than ever. One of the sickest guild names ever, we accept people who are willing to be chill back while still grinding and increase their status in WK. No level requirements, just be cool and be chill to talk to.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New project, check the announcements!

Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

Donuts : 8

RPG Info
Level: 1
HP:
Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Left_bar_bleue5/7Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Empty_bar_bleue  (5/7)
EXP:
Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Left_bar_bleue1/10Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Empty
PostSubject: Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history?   Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:52 pm

I personally think its psycho mantis. He's just awesome to the max. Anyways, I thought I'd liven up the otherwise dead forum with a discussion. Oh, and shame on you if you don't know who psycho mantis is. If you don't then just watch these videos.
Original MGS1 Psycho Mantis

MGS4 Psycho Mantis Returns

>.>

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CONTROLLER PORT 2!
lol. If you don't know, that was the way you had to beat Psycho Mantis. Because he'd read your mind if it was in Controller Port 1.
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

Donuts : 5

RPG Info
HP:
Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Left_bar_bleue100/100Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:
Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Left_bar_bleue10/10Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history?   Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 12:43 am

That's an interesting way to defeat a boss o_o.

I've never heard of Psycho mantis though. Shame on me?

I guess it would be... well it's kind of tied between Wesker from the Resident Evil series and Bowser from the Super Mario series. Razz

The mutated suave guy or the huge turtle... What to choose...
Back to top Go down
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

RPG Info
HP:
Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Left_bar_bleue5/7Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Empty_bar_bleue  (5/7)
EXP:
Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Left_bar_bleue1/10Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history?   Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:30 am

yes, and he also reads you, and your memory card. and he moves your controller.
seriously. he knows if you've saved often or not. he knows what games you like through your memory card. he can tell if you've been a good or bad warrior. he can tell if your good at dodging traps. he's just flat out awesome.

maybe you haven't played the mgs series then.

that is a hard choice. old skool, or modern style. i expected the first person that replies would say either bowser or a boss from megaman. mwuhahah. i was right with my prediction.
Back to top Go down
Nectarose
Burning
Burning
Nectarose

Donuts : 0

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history?   Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:17 am

I haven't played the MGS series. Actually, I'm not familiar with most video games. The only gaming (Non-MMO) boss I probably DO know is Bowser.

So I guess... Shame on me.
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

RPG Info
HP:
Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Left_bar_bleue100/100Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:
Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Left_bar_bleue10/10Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history?   Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:25 am

I've never played any MGS game past the first level/tutorial.... I'm not particularly a fan of the sneak around type of game like Splinter Cell or the like. Those game really freak me out, especially when someone's seen you and the alarms go off.

Then I think OMFGWTFBBQ! ....Because it's time for lunch anyway.

Rats, maybe I should have just put Wesker. D:
Back to top Go down
Nectarose
Burning
Burning
Nectarose

Donuts : 0

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history?   Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:20 pm

Haha, I don't think Bowser is the greatest boss in gaming history. He's sorta silly, in my opinion. But it's not like I would know, I haven't ev3en played Mario games that much.

Sneak games... I guess they're okay. I just get irritated when I get caught or something.
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history?   Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Bowser is very silly, especially in the recent Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story game.

I'd say the Mario series is aimed towards the younger generation of gamers anyway, so he's not really scary.
Back to top Go down
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history?   Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:53 pm

mgs isn't all about the sneaking though. you can if you feel like it, kill everyone in sight, then walk through the level. or you can be more tactful and tranquilize gun everyone then just walk over them. its just better, and usually easier to sneak through only tranquilizing whoever is lucky enough to hear your dam footsteps and decides to walk that direction questioning who is there.

and yes, bowser is also a kinda lame boss imo. even in the old school mario games.
Back to top Go down
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

Donuts : 10

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history?   Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:18 pm

The greatest boss of all time has to be the a.i. controlled wii boxing guy: Grand Champion Matt

Just like Mike Tyson except without biceps and the ability to bite my ear off.
Only way I can beat him is to crack up and flail the 'mote at the tv.
A bit too expensive, so I could only do it once.
It was worth it when I got to see Grand Champion Matt shatter into a black hole, though. Just like Bowser did.
hm. All the hard bosses look the same when I beat them for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history?   Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who do you think is the greatest boss in gaming history?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Overdrive :: Grassy Outskirts :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: