Overdrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overdrive

Yeh, it's back, and badder than ever. One of the sickest guild names ever, we accept people who are willing to be chill back while still grinding and increase their status in WK. No level requirements, just be cool and be chill to talk to.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New project, check the announcements!

Anyone here play WoW?

Go down 
+2
Valgaard
Nextar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nextar
Hot
Hot
Nextar

Donuts : 1

Anyone here play WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:01 pm

Is it just me or does anybody here play WoW?
Back to top Go down
Valgaard
Burning
Burning
Valgaard

Donuts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:03 pm

I played once since release for 2 years.
I'm glad these times are over. Blizzard wanted my soul and I had to finish school o.รด
Back to top Go down
Sasquatch
Burning
Burning
Sasquatch

Donuts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:45 pm

I briefly tried it though I'm glad I didn't own it as I probly would have played it too much.
Back to top Go down
Valgaard
Burning
Burning
Valgaard

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Sasquatch wrote:
I briefly tried it though I'm glad I didn't own it as I probly would have played it too much.

True.
WoW is the most polished mmorpg out there.
I'm no fan of it but that just seems to be fact.

Blizzard didn't invent the wheel of mmorpgs completely anew.
They just made it prettier, easier to use, more intuitive and inserted more varied content.
And it worked.
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

Donuts : 5

RPG Info
Level: 1
HP:
Anyone here play WoW? Left_bar_bleue100/100Anyone here play WoW? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:
Anyone here play WoW? Left_bar_bleue10/10Anyone here play WoW? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:00 pm

I tried it and didn't like it. I honestly have no clue why it has so many subscribed members. In my opinion, it's like any typical MMORPG I've ever played. FlyFF, Runescape, etc.

I have to say the environments are huge though.
Back to top Go down
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

Donuts : 10

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
Anyone here play WoW? Left_bar_bleue100/100Anyone here play WoW? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:
Anyone here play WoW? Left_bar_bleue10/10Anyone here play WoW? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:23 pm

I think it's cause the character customization is so intricate and detailed. The graphics are amazing too.
Far and beyond anything you can get from a free mmorpg. Even a "free" mmorpg.
Still wouldn't shell out the subscription price to play it though.
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:33 pm

However, games that require subscriptions usually have better graphics than free MMO's. I can't really think of any right now, but I think there are those types of games out there.

If they make it similar to the Runescape member system, they might get more players in the long run. Or a lot will get pissy and leave.

*Shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Valgaard
Burning
Burning
Valgaard

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:37 pm

Oh, I think WoW doesn't need more subscribers.
Blizzards income skyrocketed because of WoW. They're quite happy as it is I think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:48 pm

Maybe.
But they don't have to do that anymore. They have more than enough subscribers and income. They have one of the largest mmo communities as well. They also do have a trial period you can play, I believe.

Their community is really what draws in throngs of new players.
An mmo's most endearing factor(too most players) is the size of its community.
Many non-mmo players know what World of Warcraft is as well.
You can't say that about runescape, flyff, etc...

Maybe Blizzard just got lucky?

Plus, free mmorpgs generally suck.
They can be more of a money-sink than subscriptions. With less quality.
Of course, I hope this game will be different.
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:50 pm

Yeah I see what you're saying. In other free MMORPG's you really needed to pay money to get anywhere. I think Maplestory is the one most people know about.

But leveling in WK is definitely a lot easier. But only time will tell if it's really that easy all the way or not.
Back to top Go down
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:54 pm

haha I never heard of Maplestory before I came to this game.
Sounds like that game is pretty successful in its own right. Judging from all the hate it recieves on the official forums.
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:02 pm

Almost all (I'd say) came from some 2D MMORPG side-scroller. LaTale, GhostOnline (closed), Maplestory, Windslayer.

If you want try Maple, it's so slow just to get to level 10. Back when I played it took 2 hours with or without quests. I think you can imagine how slow it would be to get to level 200 >_>

I guess it could be called a grindfest.
Back to top Go down
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:04 pm

It took about a half hour for me to get to lvl 10.
The tutorial is actually very user-friendly and helped a lot when I just did every quest.
From what I saw, the game looked extremely polished.

I got bored, though.
I got to lvl 13. Not planning on giving it another shot.
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:12 pm

It took you about half an hour? 1/4th of my time?! Then I must seriously suck.

I played like maybe a couple of months after OBT. It had a lot less quests, no tutorial that was user-friendly like the beginning, and kinda more difficult... (somewhat)
Back to top Go down
deathrukia
Hot
Hot
deathrukia

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:07 pm

Wait is this about WoW or maple :p.

I play wow, I like it mostly because if the cool gameplay. the graphics are fine too and I love it that you can see all the details of your gear Very Happy.

I play on these servers on these chars:
Aggramar:
Deathrukia - Blood elf Death Knight level 80 DPS (status: raiding (ulduar))
Xia - Blood elf Paladin level 64 Healer / Tank (status: leveling)
Punkyblood - Blood elf Hunter level 60 DPS (status: idle)
Krezista - Undead Priest level 19 Healer (status: twink (Warsong Gulch))

and a few others.

I hate the new patch though, it's way too easy to get gear now, you get better gear from the new instance for 5 players then ulduar 10 O.o
Back to top Go down
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:10 pm

For some reason, all threads go to Maplestory Shocked
It's a strange strange thing.
Back to top Go down
deathrukia
Hot
Hot
deathrukia

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:11 pm

hehehe, wonder why it doesn't go to like... WonderKing Very Happy.

I haven't played it though, I really want to D:
Back to top Go down
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:18 pm

Make sure to grab yourself a beta key, which will be released early next week I believe.
Without that, you won't be able to join.

I think there will be quite a few given out though, so don't worry too much.
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:19 pm

That's because I ALWAYS have to make a comparison with it. Seriously, that was the first 2D MMORPG Side Scroller game released in the US. The only game I keep going back to for some reason. Okay let's try this again then.

Woo! Wonderking can beat World of Warcraft anytime, anywhere!

Okay so back on topic.

I only played the private servers and it got kinda boring. I didn't know what to do since the levels were all 80 when you start. In addition, since that was the cap there was no point in leveling.

Maybe I should have picked a better private server...
Back to top Go down
deathrukia
Hot
Hot
deathrukia

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Hehehe, somethimes i go to a private server just because retail bored me out Razz. then i go on my 80 healing paladin which is fun somethimes. but yea, pservers are bugged as hell so i decided to make a paladin on the retail which is 64 atm and almost ready to go to northrend ^^. also she (it's female blood elf, love to play with females, every boy does rite? Razz) has dualspec specced prot and holy, so I can tank and heal with 2 gear sets Wink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here play WoW?   Anyone here play WoW? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone here play WoW?
Page 1 of 1