Overdrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overdrive

Yeh, it's back, and badder than ever. One of the sickest guild names ever, we accept people who are willing to be chill back while still grinding and increase their status in WK. No level requirements, just be cool and be chill to talk to.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New project, check the announcements!

IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread

Go down 
+4
dangthien94
Barrage
BlindSoul
Dumbfounded
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

Donuts : 8

RPG Info
Level: 1
HP:
IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Left_bar_bleue5/7IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (5/7)
EXP:
IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Left_bar_bleue1/10IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:33 am

First and foremost, I do believe this is the first formal thread I've made thus far. So bear with my minor imperfections. Anyways, this formal thread is important and you should do what you can to contribute to it, unless you don't want the chance to name this guild. The more contributors to this thread, the better and more certain we can be on getting a name that we all at least generally agree on. Though in the end we can't please you all, we will try to please most. Without further ado, the system in which we'll be trying to create a guild name through.

We will be changing names to make the guild renewal feel more new. So, I've developed a system in which we all can have a say in guild names and tried to make it as fair as possible. As many of you know, I've posted a lot of guild names around. I thought it wouldn't be fair of me to just continually list names until somebody likes them, so it will work like this. In your response to this thread, you should include your favorite 10 guild names. If someone posts a guild name that is either the same or similar, that name will then become a potential guild name. The more people that post a similar or same name, the more potent it becomes. In the end, the most potent guild name does not win, but rather the potency is what qualifies it for voting. I will set the minimum potency required for a guild name to get into the voting phase. It depends on how many potent guild names I get that will decide what to do from there.

I would like it if you kept silliness to a minimum. This is our guild name we're talking about, the thing people will see above our own names. People do judge guilds by they're names. Another thing, I'd like it if you weren't all completely selfish with your names. Meaning, try not to pick names that only you'd like. If you see a name that you like already posted, feel free to post it even if it isn't your top 10. What we're trying to do is all agree, if you see something that you actually wouldn't mind above your head then post it. If you all are selfish when posting guild names you'd like, then we won't get far. However, if you post names you don't like, then your not enjoying it. Find a medium somewhere inbetween those two, and lean towards posting guild names you'd like. I hope you all understand what I mean with this paragraph.

Also, please try not to post anymore then 10. You can go over 10 if really needed, but try to keep it at 10 and under. Refrain from only posting a single name as well. We need as many guild names as you'd like to see if there's any reoccurring ones. Kapeesh?

I'll also be posting all the guild names I've posted around here so far plus some more plus some of Aerosophical's suggested names into this thread for your convenience. Feel free to use any of them in your post, and feel free to make up your own. Remember to read other guildies' posts and see if there is any names you'd really like to have as a guild name.
-=>-<=-=>-<=-
LIST OF NAMES

Dauntless, Endless, Fearless, Legacy, Denigrate, Epiphany, Wrathful, Vengeful, Enfold, Revamped, Armada, Reflex, Masquerade, Pandora, Viola, Limit, Limitless, BreakLimit, LimitBreak, Intended, Timeless, Harmony, Serenity, Yakuza, Brutality, Fatality, Restricted, Vertigo, Breakdown, Lyrical, Fiendish, YinYang, Revolution, Evolution, Eternal, Delinquency, Flawless, Destruction, SelfDestruct, SelfDestruction, Betrayal, Truth, Apocalypse, PowerUp, Entity, Deadly, Corrupted, Poisoned, Grenade, Fatigue, Project, Prototype, Aluminum, Reaction, Counter, Dodge, Evasion, Evasive, Infamous, Memory, Reflect, Reminiscence, Retrospect, Retention, Amnesia, Vision, Reliving, Redead, Unliving, Desert, Equilibrium, Despotic, Nostalgia, Retribution, Renegade, Resonance, Eminence, Venerable, Vindicated, Vengeance, Psychotic, Cyanide, Stylize, Stylish, Realism, Abstract, Reality, Colour, Elegant, Exquisite, Rhythm, Sublime, Skillful, Inspire, Dignify, Select , Platform, Elusive, Eloquent, Lithe, Original.
-=>-<=-=>-<=-

I think that's enough. Now you're probably brimming with ideas, and names you'd like to post. But guess what? Me first. Razz

Renegade, Eternal, Eminence, Vengeful, Elusive, Reaction, Rhythm, Eloquence, Venerable, Psychotic

EDIT: Equilibrium is taken. Turns out TimeLess is a guild as well.

Last edited by Verso on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlindSoul
Hot
Hot

Donuts : 0

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:01 am

Eternal Then...
Back to top Go down
http://www.Wonder-Port.com
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

Donuts : 25

RPG Info
Level: 2
HP:
IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Left_bar_bleue10/10IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP:
IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Left_bar_bleue0/15IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/15)

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:47 am

Counter ( Or maybe Counter! )
Breakdown
Pulse
Flare
Sunset
Rhythm
Galaxy
Meteor
Comet
Blizzard
Present
Cocoa
Nuclear
Supernova
Blackhole
Wormhole

Serenity too.

More than 10, but I think these are ALL good. ( Make for some good usernames too )

Last edited by Reverb on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wkoverdrive.forumotion.com
dangthien94
Scorching
Scorching

RPG Info
HP:
IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Left_bar_bleue5/5IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)
EXP:
IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Left_bar_bleue0/10IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/10)

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:09 pm

Endless Fearless BreakLimit Restricted Breakdown Destruction Psychotic Blackhole Sunset from these lists.
And Realistic for extra. >.>
Back to top Go down
Sasquatch
Burning
Burning
Sasquatch

Donuts : 2

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:12 pm

hm.......................................................................................................................
hmmmmmmmm.....

Allmighty,
Eternal.
Hyperion,
Devastaion,
Reverence,
Psychosis,
Super,
Sol (pronounced sole, means sun)... and thats all I got

(lol nuclear sasquatch)
Back to top Go down
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

RPG Info
HP:
IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Left_bar_bleue10/10IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP:
IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Left_bar_bleue0/15IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/15)

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:52 pm

Hmm none of mine Sas? XD And lol at the nuke part.
Back to top Go down
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

RPG Info
HP:
IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Left_bar_bleue5/7IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (5/7)
EXP:
IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Left_bar_bleue1/10IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:45 pm

So far the potency of guild names are as follows

Eternal: 3
Rhythm: 2
Breakdown: 2
Blackhole: 2
Sunset: 2
Psychotic/sis: 2 (*taking Psychosis from Sas as a similar name to Psychotic from Thien)

Would you guys consider Devastation as a similar name to Destruction? Anyways, so far it seems Eternal is the most potent guild name. Hoping we'll get more members to put there say into it, but then again, the above list is not bad.

BlindSoul wrote:
Eternal Then...
Did you actually read the thread? Its supposed to work like this. Post 10 or so guild names you'd like to have/don't mind having. If someone posts the same or similar name, it then becomes a potent name. There will be a required potency to qualify for the voting phase, depending on how many people actually do this. Then we or I'll decide what to do next from that point.

-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-READ BELOW-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-

Feel free to change your lists as you see fit. If a member that posts after you posted a super awesome name that you'd love to use as a guild name, feel free to edit your post or make a new post. If you edit, please use a "EDIT:" to notify me of what you have changed. Use "EDIT 2:" if it is your second edit and etc. If you make a new post, please notify me of which name your changing to what, or what name your adding. I'd like to see it in this form "Rhythm - 1, Psychotic + 1" or if your adding to your previous list, "Psychotic + 1". It will make updating the potent list a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
Nectarose
Burning
Burning
Nectarose

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:59 pm

Fearless, Legacy, Limitless, Revolution, Resonance, Eminence, Psychotic, Eloquent (Eloquence), Pulse

So I copy & pasted the whole list and just deleted the ones I didn't like. I guess I liked the nouns more than adjectives. <<

I feel that the guild name should say something good about ourselves. So if we choose something like... "Corrupted". I think of corrupted politicians. Good thing? No. Baaad. D:

The parenthesis are the ones that I would replace it with, but it's still based on the word before it.

And may I suggest a name? I think I'd like the name Phantasmagoria for our guild. It's a popular name so it is probably taken already. It means something along the lines of "nightmare" or "illusion".
Back to top Go down
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Necta, you don't have to pick names from that list. Any name you want to suggest is fine. As long as someone posts a similar or the same name, it then becomes a potential name that might make it to the voting phase. Depends on how many people post that same or similar name to see if it will qualify. Kapeesh? Feel free to change your list now.
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

Donuts : 5

RPG Info
HP:
IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Left_bar_bleue100/100IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:59 pm

Serenity
Fearless
Eternal
Prototype
Reminiscence
Nostalgia
Resonance
Eminence
Pulse
Legacy

I really do love those time-oriented ones...

Edit: Timeless-1 Legacy +1
(Looks like Timeless is already a guild)
Back to top Go down
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:29 pm

Eternal: 4
Psychotic/sis: 4 (*taking Psychosis from Sas as a similar name to Psychotic from Thien)
Eminence: 3
Pulse: 3
Fearless: 3
Serenity: 2
Legacy: 2
Rhythm: 2
Breakdown: 2
Blackhole: 2
Sunset: 2
Eloquence: 2

List is updated, tell me if I'm wrong on any of it.

NEXT PHASE

Same rules as before, except you can only pick from the above list, and you can only pick 5. Go.

Last edited by Verso on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:32 pm

My top 5

Pulse, Breakdown, Sunset, Serenity, Rhythm
Back to top Go down
dangthien94
Scorching
Scorching

RPG Info
HP:
IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Left_bar_bleue5/5IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)
EXP:
IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Left_bar_bleue0/10IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/10)

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:40 pm

Eternal
Psychotic/sis
Fearless
Serenity
Rhythm
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

RPG Info
HP:
IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Left_bar_bleue100/100IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:49 pm

Pulse
Serenity
Fearless

EDIT: Added these two
Eminence
Eternal
Back to top Go down
Nectarose
Burning
Burning
Nectarose

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:52 pm

Eminence
Pulse
Fearless
Serenity
Eloquence

I see a lot of Serenity's. o.o
Back to top Go down
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:08 pm

My top four.

Eternal
Eminence
Pulse
Rhythm

-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-
These names will move onto the voting phase.Actually, lets eliminate some more. 6 names, 5 people. Plus we're leaving Sasquatch, and LadyMisa out by doing this so fast. I must say, it is a nice list of pretty good names. And I think no matter which one is picked, we all won't mind it too much. Great job guys

Pulse: 4
Serenity: 4
Rhythm: 3
Eternal: 3
Eminence: 3

Last edited by Verso on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Rhythm, Serenity, and Pulse

You forgot Pulse Sad

Haah you editor you.
Back to top Go down
dangthien94
Scorching
Scorching

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:11 pm

Rhythm
Serenity
Fearless
Back to top Go down
Aerosophicall
Spark
Spark
Aerosophicall

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:13 pm

Pulse
Fearless
Eternal

Half gone o_o
Back to top Go down
Nectarose
Burning
Burning
Nectarose

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:15 pm

Pulse
Eminence
Fearles
Back to top Go down
LadyMisa
Fever
Fever
LadyMisa

Donuts : 2

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:18 pm

Eternal
Fearless
Legacy
Flawless
Lyrical
Back to top Go down
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:23 pm

Rhythm
Pulse
Eternal

Whoa, that was a little tough.
-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-

Pulse: 3
Rhythm: 3
Eternal: 2
Serenity: 2

The last 2 were eliminated due to not making a potency score of 3. Those 3 will be the ones we vote on. Anyone object?

Should we start a new thread and make it a poll? or shall we just do it here? and don't post so fast Walter.
Back to top Go down
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:29 pm

LadyMisa wrote:
Eternal
Fearless
Legacy
Flawless
Lyrical

hm, sorry we were doing this so fast. let me fill you in. we narrowed down and eliminated the list of potent names to this list of 6 most potent names. now we're trying to eliminate some more to move the decision into the voting phase.

Pulse
Serenity
Rhythm
Eternal
Eminence
Fearless

pick the 3 you like the most out of those 6. and if two other people have posted it, it will qualify for voting. alright?
Back to top Go down
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:22 pm

TRIPLE POST FTW!

Anyways, we will be moving this into voting phase. The voting phase will last until we feel we have gotten all the votes. Which should be something like a day or two. We also could consent the Official WK Forums if we would like to, but we risk getting name stolen then.

Misa or Sas, feel free to object. And go ahead and do the last phase if you feel you'd change the results.
Back to top Go down
dangthien94
Scorching
Scorching

RPG Info
HP:
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:37 pm

Best 3?
Serenity
Rhythm
Fearless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread   IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT! Guild Name Decision Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next