Overdrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overdrive

Yeh, it's back, and badder than ever. One of the sickest guild names ever, we accept people who are willing to be chill back while still grinding and increase their status in WK. No level requirements, just be cool and be chill to talk to.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New project, check the announcements!

The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Barrage
Starship Commander
Starship Commander
Barrage

Donuts : 25

RPG Info
Level: 2
HP:
The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Left_bar_bleue10/10The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP:
The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Left_bar_bleue0/15The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Empty_bar_bleue  (0/15)

The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony   The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:38 pm

The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Us_presidential_inauguration_2005

Hello all, and welcome to the first annual Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony! You can decide on who to vote on by reading these beautifully written speeches by our three contestants.

Contestants: Please post your speeches here. The only people who can comment on the speeches are the voters, NONE of the contestants may make remarks.

At 10:00pm, the polls will go up. Read carefully and choose wisely!

Last edited by The Walterminator on Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wkoverdrive.forumotion.com
Dumbfounded
Dumbfounded

Donuts : 8

RPG Info
Level: 1
HP:
The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Left_bar_bleue5/7The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Empty_bar_bleue  (5/7)
EXP:
The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Left_bar_bleue1/10The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

PostSubject: Re: The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony   The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:41 pm

I had a dream, which is strange because I'm an insomniac. Enough of that, I am x3lit3x. As you all should know, I'm applying for co-leader. Below is my inauguration speech. Enjoy.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Overdrive is by far, the most successful guild I've seen. There's yet to be one that has a nicer community, and more active people. Most guild forums are inactive, but we somehow got ours to be active, lively, and talkative. With all this success, is our successful and hard-working leader, Falco. Now he may have died out on us when he first tried creating this guild in Closed Beta I, but he came back and this time it was successful. Of course, now that we are going to start, he's going to need the help of a co-leader. A co-leader that is active, hard-working, nice, and knowledgable. I may not be all those things, but I know for sure I'm active, and nice. I am sometimes knowledgable, and usually hard-working, but not always. If I was co-leader, I'd surely shape up to help this guild out in any way I can. I'd try my hardest to help you all out and help out Falco with anything he needs. In the future, I imagine this guild will be well known, and in a positive way. This guild will be fun, and continue to be fun in the future. We'll make many memories of great times, and make friends with other guilds. We all should be cautious as who to pick as co-leader, since it will become a huge part of our image and will shape the future of this guild.

Helping this guild, the people in it, and the leader himself, will always come first in my book. Though I might be busy with other things such as grinding, questing, or PvPing, I'd always come to help a fellow guildie with his quest, or need of an item. I'm usually always available too. With the curse I'm blessed with, known only as insomnia, I have plenty of time to spend and will spend on this guild. Though many of you won't be on late at night, I'd be happy to chill with any of you that are on and help get some things done. Sometimes, I might not be able to help in any way, and I'm sorry when this happens. I still try to to the best of my knowledge and abilities.

I see this guild largely advancing and expanding. In the future, I'd like the members of this guild to create some fun events, and some fun memories. I'd like to see the members posting there ideas and suggestions, and the leaders putting them into action. To see us all get to know each other, and have a sense of kinship, would be a great accomplishment and thing I'd love to do. I'd like to see everyone have each others backs, and be able to relax with each other. Its always fun to be social. I'd love to see no one flaming each other, and when flamed to remain neutral and free flowing. Remember the name above your head, as you represent it. If you get a bad name, so does it. Overdrive should be well known in a positive way. We can still be the best, and be benevolent, helpful, and social.

The future of this guild is largely impacted by who you choose to co-lead. Though I believe this guild will still retain the awesome feeling known as Overdrive because I believe you will pick a great, if not the best, co-leader. I may not get picked, but I still will try. I'm active, social, helpful, laid-back, and kind. I tend to be persistent and hard-working when I know something must be done. However, I'm sure not the funniest, or most intelligent. Maybe even not the best choice, but I'll be persistent and see this through to the end. If I get picked for co-leader or not, I'll be with you guys until the end as well.

The most successful guild known only as Overdrive, needs a co-leader as great as the leader himself. Though I may not be as great as him, I'll surely try until I am. The co-leader will have a huge impact on this guild, and shape the future of it. Pick who will be the co-leader wisely. Remember who he or she is, and think of how each will help the guild. Think of how that person would react or lead things. I may or may not be that person that you vote for. But no matter what, I'm still going to try and I'll still be with you guys until the end, helping in any way I can, and having fun in the process.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>
Back to top Go down
Doughnut
Spark
Spark
Doughnut

Donuts : 10

RPG Info
Level:
HP:
The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Left_bar_bleue100/100The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:
The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Left_bar_bleue10/10The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony   The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:50 pm

Oh. We were supposed to prepare something? Fuck it.

Explicit Content in Spoiler

Spoiler:

Alright I'm coming Sujin. Stop fucking crying damnit.
Back to top Go down
Sasquatch
Burning
Burning
Sasquatch

Donuts : 2

PostSubject: Re: The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony   The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:01 pm

My half decent speech that I threw together over the course of 3 hours between chatting and stuff. You could read it or you could pick me just cause I'm a sasquatch. Though that wouldn't be a satisfying victory, so just read it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you look for in a leader? Responsibility? Dedication? Wisdom? When I first applied to be a leader, I was only half serious. I figured, “hey, why not I’m not doing anything else.” As the guild progressed I gradually saw how much potential it truly has and ho much it would take to be a fully capable leader. It is right here writing this speech that I fully realize the serious nature of this task. I see now the dedication and responsibility required. At this point I look at myself and ask, “Am I truly qualified?” Nope. In all honesty I doubt I could be an amazing leader. Regardless I’ve decided to write this stating that I will be the best leader that I can.

As I said, this guild has great potential. I’d like to see it grow into a well functioning system where each person has a place in which they are able to benefit the guild. While somewhat preposterous, the implementation of the clans makes it a reasonable proposition. By having people grouped according to their tendencies they can from there see how they can best help.
Whether it is giving advice to the well informed, organizing fun and unique events or something different altogether, by finding everyone a position like this, the guild can truly thrive.

As far as improving the guild, the first and foremost I feel that establishing a stronger group of forum users is a key task. While we have a decent number of people in the guild only 6 or 7 actually post regularly. If we establish a good member based, then we can make the clans and work on events. Otherwise the effort put into these would not be truly appreciated. I mean what’s the point of making a carefully planned event if there is only a select few that will actually sign up.

That pretty much covers what I can think of at the moment, so now it is left in your hands. Whether I or one of the others is best suited as co-leader I can not whole heartedly say. It seems that we all would be an adequate leader. All that I ask is that you choose wisely who you pick. If that person is not me, then so be it. If everyone that voted has taken careful consideration, then I know whoever is picked, me or not, is agreed upon as the most qualified and deserves the position.

Last edited by Sasquatch on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : made the line too long)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony   The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Leader Inauguration Speech Ceremony
Page 1 of 1